- Included meta-dependencies are only executed once UNLESS they're called with different arguments
- Variables passed to meta-dependencies are SCOPED! Running the role with arguments, then running it without has those variables be undefined.
- All modules specify
#!/usr/bin/python explicitly. This can be a problem if you're using local actions and your python lives somewhere else.
Variable Precedence (version 1.2)
1) Variables defined in the play under vars_files
2) Variables defined in
3) Variables passed in on the command line
ansible-playbook ... -e "test_var=foo"
4) Variables defined in the play under vars
5) Variables defined in
edX Variable conventions
Default variables for roles should all be defined in
<role>/vars/main.yml file associated with the role. This is currently not the lowest priority definition, in fact it's the number (2) in precedence. Ansible 1.3 will be introducing new role default vars which will allow us to