Chevrotain is NOT a parser generator. It solves the same kind of problems as a parser generator, just without
any code generation phase.
Lexer Engine based on Regular Expression.
- Supports Token location tracking.
- Supports Token skipping (whitespace/comments/...).
- Allows prioritising shorter matches (Keywords vs Identifiers).
- No code generation The Lexer does not require any code generation phase.
Parsing DSL for defining the grammar.
- No code generation.
- The Parsing flow is easily debuggable.
- Short feedback loops.
- Allows great flexibility for inserting custom Parser actions.
- Error Reporting with full location information.
- Strong Error Recovery/Fault-Tolerance capabilities based on Antlr3's algorithms.
- Automatic lookahead calculation for LL(1) grammars.
- Supports Custom lookahead logic for LL(k) grammars.
- Backtracking support.
High performance - (see on JSPerf).
- The Grammar's structure is known and exposed at runtime.
- Can be used to implement advanced features such as dynamically generated syntax diagrams or Syntactic error recovery.
Well tested with ~100% code coverage, Unit & Integration tests
npm install chevrotain
bower install chevrotain
- or download directly from github releases
- The CI build runs the tests under:
- Node.js (0.12 / 4 / 5).
- latest stable Chrome.
- latest stable Firefox.
- Additionally local testing is done on latest versions of Chrome/Firefox/IE.
- Uses UMD to work with common module loaders (browser global / amd / commonjs).