Jay Taylor's notesback to listing index
Prevent expressions enclosed in backticks from being evaluated in heredocs[web search]
Original source (stackoverflow.com)
Clipped on: 2016-05-05
I have a text like this:
If I do this using heredoc, I get a blank file:
How can I do this?
Oh sorry, I meant to do
I don't want
Quote the label to prevent the backticks from being evaluated.
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged bash shell or ask your own question.
3 years ago
Hot Network Questions
- How to properly write an anagram efficiently in c#
- Aside from flavor, is there any benefit to a Monk striking multiple targets?
- How to accurately translate the word "hectic"?
- What is a "biological-only" father called?
- Why does the following script delete itself?
- Finite Cantor's Diagonal
- Is Leicester City winning the English Football premiership the most improbable single event in betting history?
- How to turn two LED's on and off with one button?
- Is it possible to have a research career while checking the proof of every theorem that you cite?
- UNION ALL or other ways to return first row of result-set
- Why are there so many relays used in a car, instead of transistors?
- At what step is the difference made between a quesadilla and burrito?
- Who Else Has Worn Tony Stark's Armor?
|Technology||Life / Arts||Culture / Recreation||Science||Other|
site design / logo © 2016 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under cc by-sa 3.0 with attribution required