Jay Taylor's notesback to listing index
Riak - all partitions belong to one node[web search]
I'm going through the book Seven Databases in Seven Weeks (a good read so far), and I'm confused on a Riak detail that is passed over quickly in the book.
Riak is supposed to, by default, break the data up into 64 partitions. Each of these partitions are supposed to be split up between the nodes in the ring. (Correct me if I got the lingo wrong.)
I am using 4 dev nodes that come with the Riak source. All of them are started, but when I
This is further confirmed with a
What's going on? Why has the dev1 node claimed all of the partitions, and how can I make it share?
I edited app.config for each node (in
If you think it would help, I can package up this VM and make it available to help you help me troubleshoot. (One of the many reasons VMs are awesome.)
I suspect you're seeing that output
The dangers of publishing works on high velocity projects is that the interface changes before the ink dries.
There was a major shift in cluster management between 1.0 (what the book covers) and 1.2 (the current version). The book just issued a
FWIW, most of the remaining Riak information is still the same.
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged riak or ask your own question.
3 years ago
Hot Network Questions
- First appearance of the "wake up from a coma, discover the world has ended" trope?
- Effective ways of encouraging "weak" students to make use of office hours
- locked vs closed door
- What is the kinetic energy of a quantum particle in forbidden region?
- Why do some versions of Legend of Zelda on the NES have the "hold reset" caution screen, and some don't?
- How to modify the output of a program for which you don't have the source code
- Interjection for "Can you believe this?"
- Why do editors (such as MS Office apps) have so much redundancy?
- Are there more women in government in Afghanistan than America?
- What would make scientists realize they were on a flat world?
- "I did my best" vs "I did the best I could"
- a habitable planet orbiting a Neutron Star that moves through galaxies
- What kind of clothing will not get me kicked off a flight?
- Should you use email tracking with your employer?
- How can a tourist obtain an 'authentic' duelling scar?
- REST document url
- Monopoly simulator
- Was this printer shown the ISS in 2015 built specially to work in microgravity?
- Get the name of a std::function
- Will my passport number change when I renew it?
- How does fire work in D&D?
- Case Permutation
- Going back to a potential employer after turning his offer down 45 days ago
- CPU temperature embedded in Bash command prompt
|Technology||Life / Arts||Culture / Recreation||Science||Other|