Jay Taylor's notesback to listing index
TextBlob: Simplified Text Processing — TextBlob 0.12.0.dev0 documentation[web search]
TextBlob: Simplified Text Processing
Release v0.12.0.dev0. (Changelog)
TextBlob is a Python (2 and 3) library for processing textual data. It provides a simple API for diving into common natural language processing (NLP) tasks such as part-of-speech tagging, noun phrase extraction, sentiment analysis, classification, translation, and more.
- Noun phrase extraction
- Part-of-speech tagging
- Sentiment analysis
- Classification (Naive Bayes, Decision Tree)
- Language translation and detection powered by Google Translate
- Tokenization (splitting text into words and sentences)
- Word and phrase frequencies
- Word inflection (pluralization and singularization) and lemmatization
- Spelling correction
- Add new models or languages through extensions
- WordNet integration
Get it now
Ready to dive in? Go on to the Quickstart guide.
- Tutorial: Quickstart
- Create a TextBlob
- Part-of-speech Tagging
- Noun Phrase Extraction
- Sentiment Analysis
- Words Inflection and Lemmatization
- WordNet Integration
- Spelling Correction
- Get Word and Noun Phrase Frequencies
- Translation and Language Detection
- TextBlobs Are Like Python Strings!
- Get Start and End Indices of Sentences
- Tutorial: Building a Text Classification System
- Advanced Usage: Overriding Models and the Blobber Class
- API Reference
TextBlob is a Python (2 and 3) library for processing textual data. It provides a consistent API for diving into common natural language processing (NLP) tasks such as part-of-speech tagging, noun phrase extraction, sentiment analysis, and more.
If you find TextBlob useful, please consider supporting its author:
Your donation helps move TextBlob forward.
Enter search terms or a module, class or function name.