Converts MySQL dump to SQLite3 compatible dump (including MySQL
KEY xxxxx statements from the
Dump MySQL DB
mysqldump --skip-extended-insert --compact [options]... DB_name > dump_mysql.sql
#mysqldump --no-data -u root -pmyPassword [options]... DB_name > dump_mysql.sql
Convert the dump to SQLite3 DB
./mysql2sqlite dump_mysql.sql | sqlite3 mysqlite3.db
sqlite3 might write something to stdout and stderr - e.g.
memory coming from
PRAGMA journal_mode = MEMORY; is not harmful)
The script is written in awk (tested with gawk, but should work with original awk, and the lightning fast mawk) and shall be fully POSIX compliant.
It's originally based on the newest fork (https://gist.github.com/bign8/9055981/05e65fd90c469c5eaa730823910c0c5f9de40ab4) of the original
mysql2sqlite.sh (https://gist.github.com/esperlu/943776/be469f0a0ab8962350f3c5ebe8459218b915f817) with the following patches:
Feel free to contribute (preferably by issuing a pull request)!
- @esperlu created initial version in 2011 as gist on GitHub
- many different contributors forked the gist and made wildly varying changes, because @esperlu stopped working on it and didn't respond
- @dumblob took over in Aug 2015 and applied the most important patches from all the forks as well as many his own patches tested on Drupal DB
- @dumblob added the MIT license under assumption, that the original gist was released into public domain, because despite significant changes, it wasn't clean room engineering.
- 2016-05-11 17:32 UTC+2 @esperlu declared MIT as a fitting license (also retrospectively) and the original gist as deprecated.