Jay Taylor's notesback to listing index
Using Home Assistant SDM Nest Integration – Maartendamen.com[web search]
Important note: do this with the account that has access to your Nest devices.
You can also use your own URL, as long as it is reachable from the outside.
OAuth Client IDand
OAuth Client Secret. We need both later for our configuration.
OAtuh Client ID
OAuth Client Secret
These are three of the four configuration parameters that are required for the new Nest Integration. Next up we need to create a Pub/Sub subscriber to follow the SDM API Event. Follow the steps for this in the next paragraph.
Create a Pub/Sub subcriber for SDM
We already enabled Events previously. Now we need to enable the Pub/Sub API and create a Pub/Sub subscription. To do this follow the steps below:
- Enable the Cloud Pub/Sub API using this link. This is easy just click on Enable.
- From the Google Cloud Platform console we are going to create a Pub/Sub subscription. Here is a direct link.
- Now within the Google Cloud Platform console, click on CREATE SUBSCRIPTION.
- Enter the following settings:
– Subscription ID: I used the same name as my project.
– Subscription topic: select enter manually and enter the topic from the Device Access Registration console. You can get the topic by going into the project and copy the Pub/Sub topic. As shown below.
– Select Pull as a subscription type.
– Leave the rest default and click on CREATE.
It is ok if you see that the integration is not tested and approved by Google. Click on Next.
- Next you will see two more screens asking for permission. Allow those permissions.
aiohttp.client_exceptions.ClientResponseError: 403, message='Forbidden', url=URL('https://smartdevicemanageme…[my project_id]/structures')
You need to follow a few steps to fix this:
- Go the Google API management page.
- Click on Enable API and services
This is what the unacked message count should look like. If you see a high number here, please go through the steps once again.
Recently I was reviewing the new Microsoft 365 Defender portal and I noticed that a few endpoints were missing from the device inventory. This got me thinking that it would be great if I could...